From: Wacker Capt Douglas S
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 10:41
To: Haytham Faraj; Hur Capt Christian P
Cc: douglas.wacker@gmail.com
Subject: RE: we need to file a motion US v. Wacker

Gentlemen,

The two individuals subject to the subpoena are two of the three boardmembers who sat on the Critical Issues Board (the third was a student at the University, but his name is not listed on the subpoena). These are not people who anyone from the Marine Corps/NCIS would have talked to. The only thing the prosecution is trying to garner is whether or not each individual felt I was honest in speaking with the board, then they are going to say, "we have 'evidence' that Wacker did use drugs, would that have changed your opinion and/or decision now knowing that information?" They only plan on asking 2 of the 3 and they are trying to get at the decision-making process they went through.

After trying to keep the decision of the USD Critical Issues Board out of the trial as not dispositive, the prosecution is putting a lot of effort into introducing it as evidence.

I don't even know what a motion to quash would look like other than that Capt Wacker asserts his privacy rights under FERPA and does not give permission for any USD staff-members to discuss private material within his personal records at the university.

Let me know if you need me to do anything.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton