From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:50
To: Day Capt Evan S; Hur Capt Christian P
Subject: RE: ICO Wacker

Capt Day,
I intend to file a motion to continue the trial date about a month.  The
reasons I will provide to the court are the following:
1.  We still do not have our DNA expert and are unsure how long it will take
us to get one and have him complete his/her work.
2.  The UCI motion before the court is based on facts that will result in a
finding of UCI by the court.  If the court finds that the UCI has been
ameliorated we, the defense, will need some time to reconsider our defense
strategy with respect to witnesses that have been impacted by the UCI.  If
the court finds that the UCI has not been ameliorated and doesn't dismiss
the case, you will have to take certain steps to ameliorate the UCI
consistent with U.S. v. Douglas.  That will mean we won't be able to start
on time but you will have brought in numerous witnesses in preparation for
trial.

It makes no sense to bring in witnesses -for both sides- and have the
possibility of not beginning the trial on time because we need to deal with
UCI issues.  Please let me know whether you can join this motion.  I'm going
to request the trial be continued to March 24.  That would give a total of 7
full days in the next week which I think should be sufficient.

Please advise
Vr,

Haytham Faraj, Esq.
PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC
_______________________
WASHINGTON DC METRO
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
1800 Diagonal Road
Suite 210
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-706-0442 Phone
202-280-1039 Fax

DETROIT METRO
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
P.O. Box 1016
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
313-457-1390 Phone
202-280-1039 Fax

www.puckettfaraj.com

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is
intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any
use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify
Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to
sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading
or making any copy or distribution.