RE: XO Issue

No worries. Just be a good Marine, as I know you will.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wacker Capt Douglas S
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:39
To: haytham@puckettfaraj.com; Hur Capt Christian P
Subject: XO Issue

Gentlemen,

The XO, Maj Marisa Serano, just called me into her office. Capt Day had called her and told her about the dates of the motions and trial. Because of discussions of dates and possible days that I would need off, I had informed her of the possible outcomes of the motions. She told Capt Day she was under the impression that there could be a delay after the motions for a possible appeal. Not knowing, she felt like she had "let the cat out of the bag". Capt Day said she had just tipped the hand of the defense strategy, and his concerns about flying out witnesses.

Additionally, she informed me that Capt Day had asked her to testify, but that she would say that I've done everything she's ever asked, all of my work has been well researched, well planned, and accomplished timely and effectively. She also mentioned my planning of the SAPR March for MWHS-3 and all of the efforts I have made for fundraising for the MCBB.

I don't think this is a big issue, since we are planning to submit the request for continuance soon, but I wanted to make sure you were aware if Capt Day contacted you. I apologize if my discussions in any way affected any "strategy," but I don't think there was any harm. Also, I think the value in keeping my boss informed of what is going on procedurally is a benefit to me while I'm here and builds a stronger relationship with her.

Please let me know if you think otherwise.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton