Seattle Site Visit

Chris,

As I stated I am not able to come up to Seattle (unless it gets pushed back to late January/early February), but here is the info that you should collect on the trip.

The different places Nicole Cusack and I visited were:

Daniel's Broiler (http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels.cfm) on Lake Union (near downtown). Cory Christianson (206.769.5637) and I met up with her, her sister Marissa, and a bunch of her high school friends near the beginning of the winter vacation at this location. We all had a few drinks and left separately to go to the Duchess (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+duchess+bar+seattle&fb=1&gl=us&hq=the+duchess+bar&hnear=Seattle,+WA&cid=1520886680683733651). We had a couple drinks and Cory and I left separately, Nicole went with her sister back to her sister's rental house (near the Duchess).

Nicole and I had phone conversations over the next few days and we arranged a "date" (hanging out) at the Jet City Improv (http://www.jetcityimprov.com/) in the University District (University of Washington). After the show at 7 or 8 pm, we went to the Irish Emigrant (http://www.yelp.com/biz/irish-emigrant-seattle) (possibly closed now) and walked around. We then went down the street and hung out at Finn MacCool's (http://www.finnmaccools.com/index.php) where Amber Davis (206.718.7827) and Jon Compton (206.915.2667), my friends, were the bartenders. We were there until 12am or 1am, before I drove back to Nicole's sister's house, unknown address (the prosecutor's should be able to get this address--it is likely that there are new tenants who may allow you into the house), with Nicole giving me directions, because I had never been there.

In the following days we had further phone conversations and I know we went to Ezell's Fried Chicken (http://www.ezellschicken.com/ (Oprah Winfrey's favorite fried chicken)) (Seattle Location: 501 23rd AVE (23rd & E. Jefferson) Seattle, WA 98122), where we got a to-go order and ate on a park bench down on the waterfront in the Madison Park neighborhood of Seattle for lunch.

I don't recall having gone anywhere else, but I'll try to remember. Don't forget that now is 4 years ago to the date when you go.

Another good contact in the Seattle area is Kati Burpee (253.797.7728) for character evidence. She is the owner of Kate's Pub (formerly O'Shea's Irish Pub--where I first met Henry de Vere White; Henry, Kati, Jon, Amber all worked there at one point or another) in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle (near the U-District).

I would suggest getting a hotel in the U-District since that is the hub of activity and reference, but anywhere downtown is good to stay and is only about 15 minutes away.

Recommendations for other things to see in your downtime are the Pike Place Market and the Seattle Underground Tour. The Ram in University Village (near the duchess) is a good sports bar for food and to watch any games that may be on.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton