Year in Lists: 100 Favorite Blawgs; 25 Greatest Fictional Lawyers; 10 Most Popular Stories - ABA Journal Weekly

ABA Journal Weekly Newsletter
www.abajournal.com

The Year in Lists
-------------------------------

Editor's Note:  This is a special end-of-year edition of the ABA Journal Weekly Newsletter.  Wishing you a safe and happy New Year - the ABA Journal staff

Blawg 100
The 4th Annual ABA Journal Blawg 100
Register to vote here: abajournal.com/register
Vote by category here: abajournal.com/blawg100
Dec 1, 2010, 02:05 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/the_2010_aba_journal_blawg_100?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

--------Advertisement---------
Follow the ABA Journal on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/abajournal
------------------------------

Law in Popular Culture
The 25 Greatest Fictional Lawyers (Who Are Not Atticus Finch)
Aug 1, 2010, 04:00 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/the_25_greatest_fictional_lawyers_who_are_not_atticus_finch?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Previously:
The 25 Greatest Legal Movies
Aug 1, 2008, 02:45 pm CST
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/the_25_greatest_legal_movies?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

The 25 Greatest Legal TV Shows
Aug 1, 2009, 10:50 pm CST
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/the_25_greatest_legal_tv_shows?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

ABA Journal
10 Most Popular Posts: Race & Gender of Judges; Why Lawyers Should Work Less; & Lawyers in Trouble
Dec 28, 2010, 03:32 pm CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/most_read_in_2010?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Law Schools
Yale's Still #1 in Latest US News Rankings; Harvard, Stanford, Columbia & Chicago Follow
Apr 15, 2010, 12:09 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/law_school_rankings?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Plus: Magazine Names Best Value Law Schools
Aug 18, 2010, 09:36 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/magazine_names_best_value_law_schools?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Law Firms
Sidley, K&L Gates Tout Most Top-Tier Spots in New US News Law Firm Rankings
Sep 15, 2010, 05:49 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/sidley_kl_gates_tout_most_top-tier_spots_in_new_us_news_law_firm_rankings?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Plus: List of Top Firms Has 'an American Accent'; Baker & McKenzie Is No. 1
Oct 1, 2010, 07:04 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/list_of_top-grossing_firms_has_an_american_accent_baker_mckenzie_is_no._1?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Diversity
List of Top 75 Plaintiffs Lawyers Highlights 'Macho Image of Trial Lawyering'
Oct 12, 2010, 05:00 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/one_woman_on_list_of_75_top_plaintiffs_lawyers?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Work-Life Balance
Repeat Performance: Four Law Firms Make Working Mother's Top 100 List
Sep 14, 2010, 08:32 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/repeat_performance_four_law_firms_make_working_mothers_top_100_list?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Careers
Attorney Ranked 80th on Best Jobs List
Jan 8, 2010, 10:53 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/attorney_ranked_80th_on_best_jobs_list?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Plus: Penn Rated Best for Legal Career Prospects, But Brown Doesn't Have Top Law Profs
Oct 13, 2010, 06:09 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/penn_rated_best_for_legal_career_prospects_but_brown_doesnt_have_top_law_pr?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Careers
Avoid These Top 10 Resume Buzzwords
Dec 20, 2010, 05:30 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/avoid_these_top_10_resume_buzzwords?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

Partners
49 Lawyers Make Partner at Nation's 10 Most Prestigious Law Firms
Dec 17, 2010, 05:30 am CST
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/49_lawyers_make_partner_at_nations_10_most_prestigious_firms?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

------------------------------

Question of the Week

What Are Three Things You Resolve to Do to Improve Your Law Practice in 2011?
http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/article/what_are_three_things_you_resolve_to_do_to_improve_your_law_practice_in_201?utm_source=maestro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=default_email

As the year comes to a close, it's time for obligatory lists -- from best and worst ofs to resolutions worth noting.

We even compiled our list of most-read news posts on ABAJournal.com in 2010.
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/most_read_in_2010/

This made us wonder what's on your list for the New Year.

What are three things you want to do to improve your law practice in 2011? Do you want to move to a new office building? Set up a Twitter account? Pay off the last of your student loans? Plan a Flash Mob dance?

Answer in the comments.

Read answers to last week's question: "What Words & Phrases are Resume Killers?"
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/what_phrases_are_resume_killers/

Featured answer:

Posted by Hadley V. Baxendale: "Typically, the whole 'objectives' section.

"It's usually loaded up with psycho-babble from self-help books like 'I seek to draw from my life experiences to channel them to utilize my maximum potential for fulfillment of mutual goals and objectives of my own personal being and those of my employer.'  Bleh. Your objective is: a job.

"You never come off looking good in that section but you often look bad.  Leave it out, or be factual: Objective: To own this place."

In The Magazine