From: Hur Capt Christian P
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 9:33
To: Wacker Capt Douglas S
Subject: FW: US v. Wacker: 6th Circuit Stored Communications Act decision

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Day Capt Evan S
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 9:26
To: Jones LtCol David M
Cc: Hur Capt Christian P; 'haytham@puckettfaraj.com'; Sullivan LtCol Sean; Hatch MAJ Douglas C; Grisalesmery Cpl Alejandro

Good Morning Sir,

Out of an abundance of caution, the government brings the court's attention to a recent 6th Circuit decision regarding the Stored Communications Act (18 USC 2703) at US v. Warshak, 2010 U.S. App. LEXIS 25415; 2010 FED App. 0377P (6th Cir. 2010). Although this case is not directly controlling, it is potentially relevant to the defense motions regarding production of the accused's emails and seeking to compel production of emails from the alleged victims in this case.  I also note US v. Maxwell, 45 MJ 406 (CAAF 1996).

Very Respectfully,
Capt Day