From: Erik Snyder [mailto:erik_snyder@wowway.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:13 PM
To: Mark S. Zaid
Subject: Re: Amazon class

Mark,

	They appear to have done it again.  They just shipped me a book that
I pre-ordered on 4/5/2010, original price was $17.82 with a "Gold Box
Discount" of $0.89, which is in the order confirmation I have.  I have a pdf
with the lowest price I saw at $14.58 from 9/29/2010.  They just shipped it
to me for $16.20 with a $0.00 in the pre-order section and $0.81 in the
"Gold Box Discount".  The total should have been $13.69 ($14.58-$0.89) but
they charged me $15.39 ($16.20-$0.81).  So, they didn't honor the pre-order
price guarantee and they changed the amount of the gold box discount on this
order.

	The actual release date isn't until 10/5/2010.  Should I follow up
with them or leave it alone?  One strange thing, they appear to have applied
$1.54 to my gift card balance, it's not mentioned in any documentation I
have from them yet, so I'm not sure where it came from or why yet.  It's
still not enough to cover the actual difference at the time of shipping,
$1.70.

	So the newly shipped book has a couple of odd things going on.  The
pre-order price guarantee is not being honored correctly and they also
reduced my "Gold Box Discount" promotion that I was guaranteed.

	Here's the "Gold Box Discount" page link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=914590

	The pertinent part in regards to the order in question is the "Quick
Picks" section.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=914590&#quick

	After going back through my order history on their site I have 16 or
more examples of them refunding me money for the "pre-order price guarantee"
after I had to contact them about it.  I only have the order history to go
off of though as the e-mails are no longer in my records.

	They're also pulling another new thing now.  There was a "pre-sale
bonus offer" associated with the video game that I sent you the details of,
which is also not being honored.  One of their representatives has informed
me via e-mail that it was an offer only if I had placed the order after a
certain date, which was not mentioned on their site, so now I have to fight
with them to get it applied to my account.  They've pulled the offer off the
page now, but it was stated like this: "Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order this game, for PS3, and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The
promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within
2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold
by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Limit one per
household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion
at any time.".  This is their standard offer when they make it on video
games.

	Perhaps we have a few things to approach them with.

Thanks,
Erik Snyder

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468502>
> .  The pertinent part is the following:
> "Pre-Order Price Guarantee
>
> Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between
the
> time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped.
> Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software
item,
> the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price
offered
> by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date.
> The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24
> hours of the price change.
>
> Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com,
and
> not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
>
> If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the
> price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your
> credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the
> release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order,
> please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right
> side of any Help page."
>

> (not exactly) Quick explanation:  I pre-ordered the video game "Dead
Rising
> 2" on 3/9/2010.  I placed the order when the game was at $56.99 and I had
> $10 promotion applied to the order due to a previous game purchase so my
> total to be charged was $46.99.  I paid in advance with gift certificates.
> Sometime prior to 8/23/2010 the price on the item went down to $47.99,
which
> was reflected in my "Order Summary" page where my "Order Total" on the
page
> said the my balance for the order was $-9.00, a total of $37.99 with money
> due back to me.  By 8/23/2010 the price had gone up to $59.99, but my
"Order
> Summary" page reflected the $56.99 price that I had placed the order at.
On