Snyder, Bernero, Last Appearance Togher at Chamber Banquet

American Arab Chamber of Commerce
Get connected
Oct. 26, 2010

·        American Arab Chamber of Commerce banquet was great success.

·        Michigan gubernatorial candidates Rick Snyder and Virg Bernero make chamber banquet last appearance together before election.

·        The banquet attracted more than 1,000 people.

For more information, contact Khalil E. Hachem at 313-945-1700, or at khalilh@americanarab.com

For Immediate Release

18-banquet

Snyder, Bernero, Last Appearance Together at American Arab Chamber Banquet

Dearborn, MI ­- At their last appearance together before the election, Rick Snyder and Virg Bernero addressed a sold-out crowd of 1,000 attendees last Friday, October 22, at the American Arab Chamber of Commerce's 18th Annual Building Economic Bridges Banquet.

Republican Snyder and Democrat Bernero, who were the keynote speakers, discussed economic development strategies, including tax reform and and assisting small business. The candidates congratulated the chamber on its success and advocacy for the business community.

"The banquet was an overwhelming success. We thank our partners, corporate sponsors, members and everyone who attended the banquet," said Fay Beydoun, American Arab Chamber of Commerce Executive Director. "The large turnout is a strong indication of the business community's support for the chamber, and the generous support of our sponsors contributed to the success of the banquet. We thank them for their continued support."

 The Chamber awarded Charles Kalil of Dow Chemical and Dr. Basha of Basha diagnostics the 2010 Bridge Builder of the Year. Kalil is Vice President, Law and Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for the Dow Chemical Company. Dr. Basha is president and founder of Basha Diagnostics.

The Chamber also presented Snyder, Bernero and Edward Bagale with its 2010 Leadership Award. Bagale is Vice Chancellor for Government Relations at the University of Michigan Dearborn, and serves on the American Arab Chamber Board of Directors.

American Arab Chamber Chairman Ahmad Chebbani and Executive Director Fay Beydoun outlined the chamber's goals and projects to ensure that the American Arab community flourishes and its entrepreneurial spirit prosper. Attendees were able to network and make important business connections with some of the area's most prominent businesspeople and decision makers.

Once again, we would like to thank our partners Comerica Bank, Ford Motor Company and DTE Energy, our sponsors, speakers, awardees, media partners, volunteers and attendees for a great evening. For more information, contact the Chamber at 313- 945-1700, or contactus@americanarab.com

###

ComericaFordLogo  DTE Energy

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to haytham@puckettfaraj.com by enews@americanarab.com.
American Arab Chamber of Commerce | 12740 W. Warren | Suite 101 | Dearborn | MI | 48126