ICO Wofford -- SPCM 15 Oct

LTJG Gough, Mr. Faraj,

I spoke to Charlie just now, and I wanted to clarify in writing what I've already told him orally.

1.  IAW the email earlier today from LtCol Robinson, we must be in court at 0800 on 26 Oct 10 for any outstanding motions.  There are no government motions.  If there are no defense motions, we need to immediately file a negative PTIR to cancel the motions date.

2.  Pretrial negotiations continue ICO IC1 Wofford.  But while those negotiations are going on, the court-martial is still scheduled for 15-19 Nov 10, with motions on Tuesday, 26 Oct 10.

3.  The CA will not withdraw charges under any circumstances until there is a clear alternative path forward, complete with reasonable availability dates for the board.  Only the CA can withdraw charges, and only the SJA speaks for the CA on this point.  No other person has been granted authority to bind the CA at this time.  If that has not been clear in the past, please consider this your notice.  If the defense would like to renew discovery requests or any other matters in this light, please submit written requests.

4.  If 15 Nov 10 can work for all parties, I suggest setting that date for the board, consistent with LCDR Clady's email of Wed, 20 Oct 10.  Currently, LT Pennix and LTJG Gough have agreed that that date can work for them.

V/r,

Brian D. Corcoran
LTJG, JAGC, USN
Trial Counsel / Prosecution
Region Legal Service Office Midwest
847.688.3805 / DSN 792.3805

**FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY-PRIVACY SENSITIVE** This email, including any attachments, may contain information that requires protection from unauthorized disclosures.  Do not disseminate this email, or its contents, to anyone who does not have an official need for access.  Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure can result in both civil and criminal penalties.