From: Hur Capt Christian P [mailto:christian.hur@usmc.mil]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 11:05 AM
To: Dodd Maj Chad A
Cc: Keske Maj Zenon W; Faraj, Haytham
Subject: FW: write up for the OVSM

Maj Dodd (Sir),

The attached PDF write up supports a VSM medal that Sgt Brito reports
receiving when he was stationed at Yuma in a command formation by his CO.
That VSM was never entered into Sgt Brito's service records apparently.  The
attached documents are submitted to you to determine whether or not Sgt
Brito can be put in for this award again.  Obviously, this is an unusual
circumstance as Sgt Brito is appealing a SCM conviction in part because he
maintains he received this VSM in a unit formation.  My position is that if
Sgt Brito rated/rates the award, he should be awarded it.  If he
didn't/doesn't rate it, he shouldn't be awarded it.

I've brought this to your attention, Sir, because I understand that you are
his OIC and can submit him for an award.  Thank you Sir for your time.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received
this message in error.