From: Pennix, Elisabeth H LT RLSO MW
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 16:52
To: 'Haytham Faraj'
Cc: Gough, Charles C LTJG NLSO NC DET, GREAT LAKES
Subject: Follow-up to CA's Counter to PTA

Mr. Faraj,

I know LT Gough is on leave right now but in the meantime, the CA has a counter-offer. He will accept her current offer with a modification - on the condition that she admit more about the larceny. The CA would be happy with her admitting to either a substituted dollar amount for the items that were not really purchased in Japan (the statement associated with her return of items without a receipt) or a substituted item listing. Any accountability or even pleading to an "attempt" charge concerning larceny would be acceptable. Please let me know what your client thinks of that plan.

The facts according to Mr. Soria and Mr. Watts substantiate that she indeed did return items, some of which were from the Exchange, but were not from Japan and were not sold in the past 45 days as is required by the return policy (when made without a receipt). It was her "false" statements that compelled the customer service worker to issue her returns on her items.

Please just let me know. Also, if we go to trial, will you be making a motion to move the trial dates? I heard that at some point but haven't heard anything since. I am starting to talk to chains-of-command about witness travel and must know in advance, if you please.

Thank you and have a good day!

Sincerely,
Lis

LT Elisabeth H. Pennix, JAGC, USN