RE: Maj Rowe Statement by GySgt Potter

Alcon:

The version of events the night in question (as outlined in GySgt Potter's statement) is not totally accurate.  While I can see where it is going, the following questions were never answered (by GySgt Potter, Ogletree, or Vinson):

1.  Who initiated the dancing?
2.  Did Major Rowe have a drink on the dance floor?  If so, how did he rub both hands?
3.  Was the dance floor crowded?  If so, is it possible that such contact incidental and non-intentional?
4.  Did at any time you initiate contact with Major Rowe?  Sexually?  Provocatively?
5.  How many times did you dance with Major Rowe?
6.  Did Major Rowe walk away at any time on the dance floor?
7.  Did you attempt to dance with him a second time?
8.  At what point did the alleged contact occur?  The first dance or second dance?
9.  Why did Major Rowe leave the dance floor?
10. What did Major Rowe immediately say to GySgt Potter upon leaving the dance floor?  The first time?  The second time?
11. For the record, demonstrate the type of dancing that occurred the night of 7 Nov 2009 at Raoul's?

Everyone will think since I was drinking, how am I so sure and positive over the Gunny who was not drinking as much.  Because each time (twice) I walked away from them both.  Each time, they pulled me to the dance floor.  Each time they rubbed up against me on a crowded dance floor.  Each time I walked away because I felt uncomfortable.  The first time I told him they were up to something.  The second I was like let's get out here, they are bad news.

The decision to go back to the hotel room vice my personal room was bad choice.  I went to get one last drink and dozed off on the bed.  I was awaken by Tina handing me the phone.  I do not recall touching her or even falling asleep.  I remember the closing out of my tab, the cab ride, and entering the room and pouring a drink.  I don't recall how long I slept or dozed before receiving the phone call.

It's that statement that makes me want to go forth with a trial vice NJP so that I can face my accusers.

S/F

Major Carlos Rowe
Deputy G-6
Marine Corps Mobilization Command