Please share this with the H.E (A.S.A.P)

Dear Firas,

I have identified some very knowledgeable and interesting people for next month's ICC forum in Doha.

1.        Eric Montalvo:  Former U.S. Marine Corps JAG; defended Mohamed Jawad against prosecution by the U.S. Government.

2.       Brigadier General (sel.) Peter Masciola:  Former Chief Defense Counsel of Office of Military Commissions, Office of the Secretary of Defense.

3.       Ms. Melissa Epstein: senior associate with the firm of Gibson Dunn and Cutcher, Los Angeles, former prosecutor with International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia (ICTY).

4.       Gerry Spence.  Is one of the most, if not the most, famous lawyer in the history of the United States.  He has never lost a case and represented such clients as Imelda Marcus, Geoffrey Feiger and consulted on the O.J. Simpson case.  He has published over 20 books many of which are best sellers.

5.       Mr. Jonathon Hafetz, Professor of Law at Seton Hall University.  Former ACLU attorney and habeas counsel on behalf of Guantanamo Bay detainees.

And a good friend from chicago that have tried several war crimes trials and have had to address matters of sovereign jurisdiction over defendants, witnesses, and the ability to conduct discovery when jurisdiction lies with the non-prosecuting sovereign.

All the above people have extensive resumes and have a deep understanding of the issues the ICC will be addressing with respect to the Bashir matter as well as other international law issues.

I hope this is helpful.  Please let me know as soon as possible H.E's interests.  Everyone of these people have busy schedules and will have to move things on their calendars.

Wishing you all a safe and happy travels.

Je vous souhaite a tous un bon voyage et heureux ;)

Sent from my iPhone