From: Day Capt Evan S
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 17:40
To: Jones LtCol David M; Sullivan LtCol Sean; 'haytham@puckettfaraj.com'
Cc: Rubin LtCol Peter R; Hur Capt Christian P; Hatch MAJ Douglas C
Subject: 802 summary and trial dates U.S. v. Wacker

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

Here is a summary of our RCM 802 conference call this afternoon:
- Currently docketed motions/trial dates will be postponed.
- Art 39(a) session will be docketed at on 11 Oct 10 at 1600 at MCB Camp Pendleton (following US v Wuterich motions) IOT discuss witness production issues for UCI and other motions.
- Motions hearing will be 22-24 November, trial 31 Jan 10- 11 Feb 10.
- Counsel will re-submit charge sheet and allied papers (TC) and motions (all) to MJ.
- Counsel will negotiate new milestones and submit consent MFD with excludable delay.

I apologize for not raising the issue at the proper time, but I would respectfully ask to reconsider the 22-24 November motions date.
- From a practical standpoint, those dates will create conflicts with vacation plans for a large number of witnesses.  Those conflicts will result either in witnesses needing to cancel travel plans or not be produced in person.  Additionally, travel arrangements will be considerably more expensive and less flexible, particularly for last-minute changes.
- On a personal level, I have leave set for 19 Nov- 6 Dec, and have had leave set for a while.  The purpose of leave is to drive up to Seattle with my wife and 3 kids to see my extended family.  Holding the motions hearing on 22-24 November is going to effectively cancel my Thanksgiving plans since I am not going to be able to get a pre-school-age child and 7-month-old twins on a commercial flight on 24 or 25 November.  If no other time is available, I would strongly prefer the weekend (19-21 November) as opposed to 22-24 November.

Again, I should have raised the issue when it was discussed and I apologize for not doing so.  However, I would like to determine if there is any other possible time, including a weekend in December.

Very Respectfully,
Captain Evan S. Day
Trial Counsel, Military Justice Office
Joint Law Center
3rd MAW/ MCAS Miramar
Comm: 858-577-1887
DSN: 312-267-1887
Fax: 858-577-1734

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED//LIMDIS
This e-mail is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY and is exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA. DoD 5400.7R, "DoD Freedom of Information Act Program", DoD Directive 5230.9, "Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release", and DoD Instruction 5230.29,  and "Security and Policy Review of DoD Information for Public Release".
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION OR ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. The information contained in this message is privileged. It is intended only to be read by the individual or entity addressed or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.