From: Puckett Neal <neal@puckettfaraj.com>
Date: September 15, 2010 7:29:20 AM PDT
To: Baker LtCol John <john.baker1@usmc.mil>
Subject: Re: Need some sage advice

Hi, John,
Neither choice is good.  Have you researched vacation pkgs to countries without extradition treaties?
Lying is not your main problem, though it is one that will absolutely prevent him getting a retirement.  "Falling in love" with the wife of a deployed Marine when you've never deployed would have landed you in jail in Judge Puckett's court.  Jail time can be avoided, but dismissal is certain.
Only one way to make sure he doesn't spend time in jail away from his two groups of children.
He's not getting a pension either way.  No way.  No chance.  If the court doesn't dismiss him (highly unlikely), a BOI panel will send him packing.  So a course of action designed to try to keep that option alive is not worth considering if that's the only or main reason it's being considered.  Don't know where he would live, but VA calls all GCM convictions felonies, regardless of the charges.
Excellent brief of the case, by the way.  Good luck!
Haytham and I could both be available to talk to different topics or could tag team legal issue involved in Wuterich and/or the Navy SEAL case.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.