From: Haytham <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
To: dhsullivan@aol.com <dhsullivan@aol.com>
Cc: ray.slabbekorn@usmc.mil <ray.slabbekorn@usmc.mil>; joseph.grimm@usmc.mil <joseph.grimm@usmc.mil>
Sent: Tue, Sep 7, 2010 9:08 am
Subject: Re: Lawfulness of a General Order

Thank you. Didn't you hear about the government's request for a continuance of 6 weeks?

Haytham Faraj
760-521-7934
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2010, at 8:57 AM, dhsullivan@aol.com wrote:

There's a fairly recent NMCCA unpublished opinion on this. An order
was signed by the deputy chief of staff and didn't indicate that it was signed by direction. NMCCA held it wasn't a general order.

The case name is United States v. Sheley.  Here's a link:

http://www.jag.navy.mil/courts/documents/archive/2008/SHELEY,%20R.S.%20%20200800396%20UNPUB.pdf