RE: US v. Sgt Jose Brito: motion to dimiss multiplicity

Gentlemen,

Good afternoon.

We received the 4 defense motions and attachments (motions to dismiss - MPO & multiplicity, motion to suppress statement of the accused, and motion to compel discovery).  Capt Hur, let me know if this is an accurate/complete list.

As stated by Capt Hur, there is a scheduling conflict.  The Nolder GCM will be going the week of 13 Sept - Capt Hur is the DC.  Pvt Nolder has been in PTC for quite some time.  As such, I am committed to having that case go to trial as scheduled.

In light of this conflict (and the Govt perhaps needing additional time to file the Brito responses), I would like the counsel to get together and come up with a modified Brito trial schedule.  I will review the proposed dates and approve (so long as it's reasonable and all sides agree).

We will address the matter at a 39(a) if the counsel can not come to an agreement.

Please advise soonest possible.

R/
LtCol Rubin

LtCol P.S. Rubin, USMC
Military Judge
Sierra District - Western Judicial Circuit
760-725-6286 office

PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  The information contained within this
correspondence is intended only for the use or the addressee(s) above.
Please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives this
communication in error should notify the sender at the telephone or email
address above.