US v. Brito: documents requested

LCpl Weiland,

You testified under oath at the Article 32 hearing in this case that you have a black belt in Taekwondo, that you were accepted to the US Naval Academy, that you were the victim of a previous sexual assault, that you have received significant mental health counseling, and that you have been a witness in another USMC investigation.  CC'd to this email is Mr. Faraj, Sgt Brito's other attorney and the prosecutor Capt Torresala.

As a detailed defense counsel, I am conducting discovery on behalf of my client Sgt Brito.  I have already asked the prosecutor for this information, but would you please disclose to myself and the prosecutor Capt Torresala the following:

-Naval Academy acceptance letter for yourself and any other accompanying disenrollment documents
-proof of martial arts training certifications (or the contact information of who issued you the third degree black belt)
-Treatment records for your counseling and psychiatric treatment
-Contact information for who conducted the other USMC investigation you were a witness in.
-Contact information for Jorge Nunez, US Navy
-Myspace and facebook records for yourself for all of 2008 until present that concern Sgt Brito or SSgt Mattson or this case and its facts in anyway.  You are asked to not delete anything on your social media or email accounts that may be evidence in this case.

Please contact Capt Torresala or other legal counsel about your obligations to disclose information and documents, if you have any questions.  Thank you.

My mailing address is below my signature line as is my office number.  Thank you.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received
this message in error.