Way Ahead

Mike,

Purpose of this e-mail is to highlight some of the issues that need to be addressed in the near term and set a time to discuss.  I have not cc’d the crew at large as this is a “CO” level e-mail…your discretion how you deal with that internally.

Travel

It is important that travel be pre-approved.  I know that payment of travel and the cost of travel have been issues on both sides of the equation.  We need to engage in a better up-front and back-end way of accomplishing travel.  Mr. H has indicated he has the ability to book travel if he can get a copy of your passport.  That is in the weeds…we can discuss…bottom line is travel needs to be dealt with up front.  In that vein Mr. H desires to execute the travel to Geneva.  At this time Tracy is not going to go on that trip.  So total traveling will be yourself and Mr. H.  As a result please do not schedule anything until I get confirmation of Mr. H’s travel availability.  He understands the timeline issue and we hope to get an answer tomorrow.

Payments

Mr. H is tracking on ensuring timely reimbursements are to be made.  One should be in your inbox within the next 48 hours.  Mr. H would like a play by play of the next four weeks.  Tracy is easy to employ given the technical side of things and his ability to supervise, develop, and establish all things petro…so that part should be easy.  The question is what is 3D going to be doing or not going to be doing.

We also need to discuss additional proposal draft compensation.  Much earlier on I had discussed 20k per proposal (without understanding the whole process) and not the current contract.  Given that 95% or thereabouts of the heavy lifting has been done…that seems to be a number which is not able to be justified.  We need a reasonable quote to cover the next three proposals.  As a frame of reference he was paying about 2k per proposal for BPA’s which he was winning and which were largely template based.

We need to lay out in detail now the accounting piece and project management.  One of the most frustrating things in this last go round was to hear to words “we are operating outside of our scope.”  That means that the battlefield was not defined adequately.  Lesson learned and I am not going to make that mistake again.  On the other side and I take responsibility for this but I am having a hard time articulating what he is paying 20,000 for the next month for to 3D.  I need your help to fill in that gap.

Montalvo Role

Mike you indicated that you wanted me to play a bigger role in this stuff.  I need you to define that for me so I can assess my ability to contribute and whether the boss is on board (Mr. H and Neal).  I do not believe Mr. H wants me to go into a hands off mode so I would rather figure out what my place is now so I don’t frustrate communications into the future.

I would like to hold a teleconference with yourself and Mr. H on Thursday morning.  I am sure we will talk before then.  Don’t read anything into the tone of this e-mail…I have a trial coming up so I lose my “nice mode.”  The hope is to build and implement lessons learned so we can improve op’s into the future.

V/r

--
Eric S. Montalvo
Attorney at Law

Suite 210

Alexandria, VA 22314

eric@puckettfaraj.com

(703) 706-9566  Phone

(202) 285-5153  Cell
(202) 318-7652  Fax

DC
׀ CA ׀ MI ׀ VA
www.PuckettFaraj.com

Practice is limited to matters and proceedings before special courts - federal courts - agencies. Confidentiality / Privilege Notice: This transmission, including attachments, is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.