GySgt Miner

Good Morning,

I was wondering what legal assistance you might be able to offer concerning my RFC (relieved for cause) from Marine Security Guard duty.  I was given your email address from my base legal and am sending out emails to everyone on the list.  I am a GySgt in the Marine Corps with almost 18 years in (this July).  I graduated first in my class from MSG school why serving as the class commander for the other 125 students.  Aside from this problem described below with MSG duty I have an outstanding record with no other blemishes.  After only being on duty for a few weeks I was relieved of my command of the detachment in Astana Kazakhstan, I received no formal counseling or even face to face conversations with my chain of command. I believe the problem was that I was put into a detachment that was with out a detachment commander for 4 months, the Marine Corps ball was rapidly approaching and had not been planned for, the detachment budget was $10,000 dollars over with less than a month before it was to be closed out and the Marines that were on Post had not been doing their training and meeting their obligations to keep up on the paper work and training requirements.  I had no onsite assistance and could not get "over the phone" help with the problems I was having in trying to get the detachment straightened out, the budget fixed, planning for the ball less than a month a way (a huge event on MSG duty with ambassadors from all close by embassy attending) and taking over as detachment commander.  I expressed to my command that I was having a lot of problems trying to figure all this out with limited assistance from the Marines there, I was experiencing severe anxiety because I knew this was to much to overcome in such a short time, I was not able to sleep or eat and was speaking with the Chaplin in Quantico (MSG HQ), the psychologist from the Russian embassy, and the medical staff at the embassy, I did receive on the spot treatment (medication) to help with the sleeping but by then the command had already planned to relieve me.  I was told by Quantico that I would probably get relieved for "Good of Service" but when the paperwork came it was "For Cause".  I do don't think that the school properly prepared me for the assignment and that I was destined to failure with out any assistance from my higher command, which I did not get.  I did not sign the RFC package because I wanted to challenge it (it was full of false statements concerning help I received from the command that never happened) I had orders and was sent straight back to the fleet Marine force without going through any sort of legal or punitive action.  I did receive an adverse FITREP that I would like to do something about along with the RFC paperwork.  I can send copies of the RFC package and the FIRREP.  I did try and rebuttal the FITREP but it still went through as adverse.  In my opinion this has ruined any chances of getting promoted and will force me to get out at 20 and retire rather than staying in the Corps.  I know more details, dates, names and such would be needed to further pursue this, I am just putting this out to see if anything can be done.  Again my biggest complaint with all this is that the Relief for Cause paperwork was full of false statements and misinformation.

I can be reached at (252) 622-9968 (cell) or (928) 269-2583 (work), also at this email or thedon@roadrunner.com

R/S,

GySgt Miner D.W.
VMA-211 MAG-13