From: Carolynn Beck <carolynnn@gmail.com>
Date: May 24, 2010 12:16:08 PM EDT
To: Haytham Faraj <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
Subject: MCR 2.116(H)(1)(a) through 2.116(H)(2)(b)

(H) Affidavits Unavailable
(1) A party may show by affidavit that the facts necessary to support the party's position cannot be presented because the facts are known only to persons whose affidavits the party cannot procure. The affidavit must
     (a)  name these persons and state why their testimony cannot be procured, and
     (b)  state the nature of the probable testimony of these persons and the reason for the party's belief that these persons would testify to those facts.
   (2) When this kind of affidavit is filed, the court may enter an appropriate order, including an order
     (a)  denying the motion, or
     (b)  allowing additional time to permit the affidavit to be supported by further affidavits, or by depositions, answers to interrogatories, or other discovery.