From: Day Capt Evan S
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 12:21
To: 'Haytham Faraj'
Cc: Sayegh LtCol Michael E; Sullivan LtCol Sean; Hur Capt Christian P; Keske Maj Zenon W; Hatch MAJ Douglas C
Subject: RE: US v Captain Douglas Wacker, USMC

Gentlemen,

Is this an absolutely unavoidable conflict?  Based on the previous discussion between counsel, my understanding was that 12-13 April were the only dates of availability for both defense counsel the entire month.  Given the number of witnesses in this case, I am concerned that this investigation may be unduly delayed if we start late on Monday and cannot finish taking witness testimony by COB Tuesday.

Very Respectfully,
Captain Evan S. Day
Trial Counsel, Military Justice Office
Joint Law Center
3rd MAW/ MCAS Miramar
Comm: 858-577-1887
DSN: 312-267-1887
Fax: 858-577-1734

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED//LIMDIS
This e-mail is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY and is exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA. DoD 5400.7R, "DoD Freedom of Information Act Program", DoD Directive 5230.9, "Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release", and DoD Instruction 5230.29,  and "Security and Policy Review of DoD Information for Public Release".
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION OR ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. The information contained in this message is privileged. It is intended only to be read by the individual or entity addressed or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.