US v. Wuterich

Haytham,

LtCol Tafoya told me he was planning to detail me to Wuterich.  Before he does, though, he asked me to contact you and address some concerns I had about being detailed to the case.  As a summer funner in 2006, I worked on the case on at least two occasions I can remember with LtCol Sullivan, doing basic legal research on handwriting examplars and some other stuff.  I've also discussed the details of the case at various times with LtCol Sullivan, LtCol Erickson, Maj Gannon, Capt Hur and Capt Brooks.  Capt Brooks actually worked for me as a TC while I was STC at Legal Team Echo from 08-09.  I spoke to my state bar ethics hotline, and was told that in order to represent Wuterich I would need two things:

1) Informed written consent from the prosecutor's office (here, presumably the LT-C OIC or LSSS OIC)

2) Informed written consent from the accused indicating he understands my relationship with the current prosecutors of Wuterich and my role as a prosecutor.

Can you check with SSgt Wuterich and see whether he'll give me informed written consent to represent him in light of my involvement with the LT-C prosecutors.

Nick

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in or attached to this message may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This message may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work-product immunity or other legal rules.  Unintended transmission does not constitute a waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are notified that improperly disclosing, copying, or otherwise distributing the contents may violate the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. s 552a) and result in criminal penalties.  To the extent the information contained in or attached to this communication contains Privacy Act information, that information is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY.