Urgent Call Thursday with Kim Bobo

Title: Interfaith Worker Justice E-news

You may have had other things on your mind this election week. Thus this quick reminder about tomorrow's urgent conference call to learn what you can do on IWJ's National Day of Action Against Wage Theft on November 18
.

A lot has happened in the few days since we announced the conference call (see below). But the work of justice must forge ahead. Right now thousands of workers are not getting paid for their hard work. You can help shine a light on this crisis.

Please join me and Kim Bobo on tomorrow's critical call:

2:00 EST/1:00 CST/11:00 PST
Call-in number: (760) 569-0111
Participant Access Code: 1085004#

Whether you can be on the call or not, note that we've completely revamped our Wage Theft Toolkit in anticipation of the National Day of Action -- you can download the PDF here.

In peace and justice,
Ted

Ted Smukler
Public Policy Director
Interfaith Worker Justice

Call to Action banner

National Day of Action Against Wage Theft:
What You Can Do

IWJ has called for a National Day of Action Against Wage Theft on November 18 and we want you to take part in a Conference Call with us
next Thursday to learn what you can do in your community on that critical day. Please join us:

Thursday, November 4
2:00 EST/1:00 CST/11:00 PST
Call-in number: (760) 569-0111
Participant Access Code: 1085004#

Groups across the country are organizing rallies, bus tours, prayer vigils, educational forums and legislative visits to highlight the ongoing crisis of wage theft and the many ways that workers and communities are fighting it.

On September 29, a pivotal piece of national legislation was introduced to empower local communities and strengthen Department of Labor enforcement efforts.
Momentum for change is building but we need your help.

IWJ invites all who care about social justice and workers rights to take part in the November 18 Day of Action. Next Thursday's Conference Call will provide ideas for what you can do.

November 18 is one week before Thanksgiving, a time when we celebrate our plenty at feasts throughout the nation. But workers who have had their legal wages stolen will be struggling to provide for their families this season.

IWJ and workers across the country whose wages have been stolen need your help.

Again, the Conference Call details:

Thursday, November 4
2:00 EST/1:00 CST/11:00 PST
Call-in number: (760) 569-0111
Participant Access Code: 1085004#

In peace and justice,
Ted
Public Policy Director

Bar

Share this on Facebook

To ensure that you continue receiving our e-mails, please add us to your address book or safe list. Click here if you want to modify your e-mail communication preference or to unsubscribe from the Interfaith Worker Justice e-mail list.

Tell a friend about our newsletter.

Interfaith Worker Justice | 1020 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. | Chicago, IL 60660 | ph (773) 728-8400

empowered by Salsa