RE: WUTERICH V. U.S., 200800183 - 8 AUG 2011 ORAL ARGUMENT

Oral argument order in the subject case.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sullivan, Dwight H CIV USAF AFLOA/JAJA [mailto:Dwight.Sullivan@pentagon.af.mil]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 8:36
To: Sripinyo, Kirk Major NAMARA, CODE 45; neal@puckettfaraj.com; haytham@puckettfaraj.com; dhsullivan@aol.com; Marshall Maj Meridith L; Babu Kaza
Subject: RE: WUTERICH V. U.S., 200800183 - 8 AUG 2011 ORAL ARGUMENT

The question about the appropriateness of mandamus is odd and suggests that
NMCCA may be looking for a way to avoid addressing the merits of the claim
-- in which case, we lose.  It's odd because CAAF's treatment of the issue
never suggested for a moment that CAAF thought it wasn't appropriate for
mandamus.  If NMCCA holds that, all they're doing is kicking the can to CAAF
(which, in my view, would be cowardly).  Also, it should be facially obvious
that the last thing in the world that should happen is to have this case
tried once, be set aside, and then have to be tried again.

I'll hit the appropriateness of mandamus point hard in the reply.

Semper Fi,
DHS

Dwight H. Sullivan
Senior Appellate Defense Counsel