Major Ted Card, USMC - slight development

From:  Major Ted Card, Jr., USMC
To:    Mr. Haytham Faraj, Attorney at Law

Haytham, I am writing to inform you of a development.
I chose not to notify this development on Friday because:
  a) I didn't want to trouble you, prior to the holiday weekend; and,
  b) I had fully expected something of this nature to take place.  Thus, I didn't consider the development so urgent, it required your immediate notification.

BACKGROUND:
  1) AHMS MSG from "GENADMIN/SECNAV," the subject being "FY10 U.S. MARINE CORPS LIEUTENANT COLONEL SELECTIONS," published DTG 070007ZFEB09 announced that I (Major Card) had been selected for Lieutenant Colonel, with a selection # of 302.
  2) My number (302) came up on 1 July 2010 (last Thursday).
  3) I had assumed my promotion to this grade would be delayed, by higher authority...

Well, my assumption has become reality...
I'll present you with items in chronological order, by date:

DEVELOPMENT:
-1 July 2010:  I received an eMail message from a Captain B.W. Barnett at the Military Law Branch, Judge Advocate Division, HQMC.  Attached to the eMail message was a formatted Letter.  The subject of this letter was, "NOTIFICATION OF PROMOTION DELAY AND POSSIBLE REMOVAL FROM THE FISCAL YEAR 2010 LIEUTENANT COLONEL PROMOTION LIST."  Both items (the message and the Letter) are attached to this eMail message.
-2 July 2010:  My CO (LtCol Don Wright, USMC) received a forwarded eMail message, which was originally addressed to the I M.E.F. Chief of Staff (Colonel G.M. Ryan, USMC) from Mr. William Hicks, at HQMC's Promotion Branch.  This message had been sent to inform the CoS, my promotion was delayed "due to SNO being the subject of an active officer misconduct case."  This message is also attached, in the form of a .txt document.

MY STATUS:
-I continue to remain assigned to the I M.E.F. Headquarters Group.

Your Friend & Client,
        Ted

MAJOR E.T. CARD, JR., USMC
I M.E.F. Headquarters Group