New methods...

Mark and Haytham,

	I've got a new type of issue.  One order just completed and they've issued the refund and there is one more pending.  Not sure if you'd be interested in pursuing it, but I thought I should let you know about it.  Amazon offers "Gold Box" discounts from time to time and they're not fulfilling their end of the agreement.

	I placed an order on September 9, 2010 for a book, "Star Wars: Conviction".  On the original order the price of the book was $17.82 for the book and I ordered it with a "Gold Box Discount" offer for $0.89 off the price.  The book just shipped.  The final price was $14.51, but they changed my "Gold Box Discount" from $0.89 to $0.73.  They just shorted me $0.16 and the order appears to be final.  They refunded $3.15 to my gift card account, but they should have refunded $3.31...  Sixteen cents isn't a lot.  Just another way of shorting the deal.

Original Price minus Gold Box Discount                    $17.82-$0.89=$16.93
Final Price minus Gold Box Discount                          $14.51-$0.89=$13.62

Should have been                                                           $16.93-$13.62=$3.31

They did this instead...
Original Price minus Gold Box Discount                     $17.82-$0.89=$16.93
Final Price minus ALTERED Gold Box Discount       $14.51-$0.73=$13.78

Instead it was                                                                    $16.93-$13.78=$3.15

They took $0.16 away from the "Gold Box Discount" they originally offered.  The "Gold Box Discount" isn't a percentage of the price of the item, it's a straight discount they offer.  They shouldn't be changing the total offered at their whim.

	I have another order outstanding with a similar issue happening and I have had one other order that had this problem in the past.

	I'm attaching the e-mail order and shipping confirmation to demonstrate what they've done.  I would assume that this is merely shifting the problem I was experiencing before to a different location.  Still doing the same thing, just not as obvious to the average person.

Thanks,
Erik Snyder