Memorial Day-Arab American Seeks to be 'American Idol' Judge

Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Arab Detroit Logo

Arab Detroit E-Newsletter
Wednesday May 26, 2010

Censue 2010 May Banner

Saudi Teachers Banner 2

Talfazat Banner

ADC Leader 2010

Enana Banner

LoanMod Banner

Alandre Hair Salon

Marketplace Banner

Disseminated to Over 29,250 Email Recipients Weekly!
arab detroit radio

Memorial Holiday Weekend

Memorial Day
Memorial Day is a federal holiday which commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. Many Americans also use this holiday to honor other family members who have passed.

Next Simon Cowell? Lebanese American David Coury Goes for the Open Seat

David Coury
At the show's end, the snarky, highly critical Simon Cowell will retire from his veteran Idol gig. With the show's next season planning to start this summer, viewers are anticipating who will be the fourth person to sit at the judges' table.

David Coury, a celebrity vocal coach and proud Lebanese American, thinks he fits the bill.
Ameera David takes a look.

Click here for more information about this News

Arab American and Chaldean Council
2nd Annual Back to Work Job Fair Today

Arab and Chaldean Councul Logo
ACC's Jobs, Education, and Training Program, in partnership with the Southeast Michigan Community Alliance and Michigan Works, is excited to announce its 2nd Annual Back To Work Job Fair on Wednesday.

Click here for more information about this Event

ADC Michigan U.S. Citizenship Ceremony

ADC MichiganADC Michigan, in partnership with the City of Dearborn Heights and Mayor Dan Paletko, will host a U.S. Citizenship Ceremony to swear in 200 new citizens.

Rock Bottom Film Showing at Fordson

Fordson High School
Inspired by a true story, "RockBottom" is a short film that was shot, produced and directed locally in Dearborn by Ascent TV.  See this compelling movie Friday.

American Society of Yemeni Scientists
and Professionals 3rd National Conference

Yemeni Flag

The challenges facing community organizations in promoting education, high school dropout issues, and mentoring will  be discussed at the AAYSP 3rd National Conference this Saturday.

Click here for more information about this Event

American Lebanese Center Annual Dinner

Clovis Maksoud-Updated

This year, the ALC presents H.E. Ambassador Dr. Clovis Maksoud, professor of International Relations at American University in Washington, DC, as the keynote speaker.

Miss USA Says 'American'
is Her Preferred Label

Rima Fakih 'American'
"I'd like to say I'm American first, and I am an Arab-American," Fakih said. "I am Lebanese-American, and I am Muslim-American."

Save the Date
RAWI Announces 3rd National Conference
June 3-5, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan

RAWI Logo

Save the Date
ADC 30th National Convention
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Washington, D.C.
June 4-6, 2010

adc

Click here for more information about this Event

Save the Date

15th Annual
Dearborn International Arab Festival
June 18-20

arab festival dearborn 1

Click here for more information about this Event

Save the Date
7th Arab American National Museum Gala
Enana Dance Theater
June 22, 2010

Enana

Click here for more information about this Event

Watch the "Arab Detroit"
 Public Television Special

                       Reema Wide

                         Click here to watch!

Join Arab Detroit on Facebook

Facebook Join

Follow Arab Detroit on Twitter

     Twitter

Listen to Arab Detroit Radio
24/7 Internet Digital Radio Station
arab detroit radio

If you haven't heard Arab Detroit Radio, tune in for an eclectic mix of Arabic music including the classical, folk, and pop genres.

marketplace
To Advertise: sales@arabdetroit.com
Call: 1-877-272-2944

This week's featured Business...

Pete's Heating and Cooling

Rheem Air Conditioning
Offering residential and commercial services, Pete's provides installation for air conditioning, heating, commercial
refrigeration, boilers, and commercial water heaters.  Authorized dealer for Rheem, Amana, Goodman, Luxaire, and York.

Events

 Censue 2010 May Banner

Saudi Teachers Banner 2

Talfazat Banner

ADC Leader 2010

Enana Banner

LoanMod Banner

Alandre Hair Salon

This week's Events...

news

This week's News...

View News

This week's Food and Entertainment.

Cedarland Family Restaurant

Write a review for Cedarland Family Restaurant Write a review!

View Food and Entertainment...

Organizations

Our Lady of Redemption Melkite Rite Catholic Church

Our Lady of Redemption Melkite Rite Catholic church spans more than four generations of Arab Americans primarily from Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Jordan.
View Organizations...
Contact Information