FW: US v Wacker withdrawal motion

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: Day Capt Evan S
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:44
To: Hur Capt Christian P
Subject: US v Wacker withdrawal motion

Chris,

I noticed an issue with the withdrawal and re-referral motion that it would probably be better to address between counsel up front before we go on the record on this motion. Mr. Faraj's motion asserts in a couple of places that there was no explanation provided for the withdrawal of charges at MCRD. Based on my conversations with LtCol Sullivan, Maj Keske, and Col Richardson, and the negative PTIR below, I do not believe that statement is accurate. I think that may be a misconception that Mr. Faraj has, since he may not have been directly involved in all the conversations that you were, and I noticed that he wasn't CC'd on the negative PTIR below. What I'd like to do, rather than waste time and potentially create an unnecessary contentious issue in front of the court, is see if you're willing to do a brief stipulation or affidavit regarding the explanations (from the prosecution and the SJA) that you were given off the record regarding the reasons for the withdrawal.

Also, regarding the request for correspondence regarding the transfer to 3D MAW, the government's denial of that discovery request still stands. However, Col Richardson does not believe that there is or was any substantive correspondence, either formally or by email, regarding the transfer.

S/F,
Evan