Reading Medical Records: A Presentation for Criminal Defense Attorneys

CJA Panel:

Tara Godoy is a Registered Nurse and Legal Nurse Consultant who specializes in criminal law and work primarily with public and private criminal defense attorneys.  Her consulting firm, University Park Legal Nurse Consulting, has worked with criminal attorneys in California, Oregon, Nevada, and Florida, and most recently started working with the federal defender office in Las Vegas.

Ms. Godoy will be offering a free presentation on reading medical records to FDO attorneys on Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 12:00 noon.  It will be a brown bag (bring lunch) presentation and should last approximately two hours.  All CJA Panel attorneys are invited to attend.  The presentation will be held in the lower level amphitheatre at the Federal Defender Office, 613 Abbott Street, Detroit, Michigan.  I have attached the presentation outline as well as a copy of Ms. Godoy's CV.  She will also spend 10-15 minutes discussing the services that her firm provides.

Please RSVP to me by no later than February 29, 2012, if you plan to attend.

Carol J. McGuire, Administrative Officer
Federal Defender Office
Legal Aid & Defender Association, Inc.
613 Abbott Street, 5th Floor
Detroit, Michigan 48226