Please Read -- ADC Needs Your Help

Dear Friends,

I apologize for the length of this email but I ask that you read it all --- your help is needed.

Over the past few months things have really been picking up at ADC.  Despite the many challenges faced, the organization continues to grow.  Within the past 2 weeks we have reestablished 5 new Chapters, in the Midwest and the South.  Staff members have been taking extensive trips across the country in an effort to connect with the membership base, and it is working.  There is interest from a number of other states, who previously had no Chapters and are interested in developing new Chapters.  We are also very close to opening another satellite office.

Of course all this is exciting, however you need to know that the legal work is not slowing down.  We are experiencing a significant increase in the total number of cases.  One of the attorneys in the Legal Department has found new employment, so we have one less person to depend on.  That is why I am reaching out to you today.  As an attorney you understand the significance of our work.  I am writing to ask from you a small monetary contribution which will be earmarked for Legal Department Growth and Development.  My goal is to raise $10,000 before mid-May.  I have been successful in receiving a number of contributions and the goal is real possibility.

What will the money be used for?

To retain and hire Legal Fellows for a 6 month period
To purchase case management software (Amicus, etc.)
The purchase and instillation of a secured server for all legal documents
The organizing and storing of thousands of cases from the past few years
The digitizing of all legal reports and memorandums, dating back to 1980

ADC is in the middle stages of forming "Lawyers Committees" to assist the Department with cases.  ADC has also formed the "National Arab American Bar Association of ADC" in an effort to mobilize all Arab American attorneys.  The facebook page for the Bar Association is:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_201475059886367 (Please note that the page is being updated regularly).

Finally, ADC has begun direct representation of clients.  I have appeared in court, in front of immigration officers, and even attended mediation sessions, for a number of our clients who are victims of discrimination.  This new aggressive approach has led us to a 70% success rate on our cases.  In fact in the year 2009 - 2010, ADC helped clients recover nearly $1 Million dollars in damages through employment discrimination cases --- ADC did not take a single dollar from those winnings as our work is strictly pro bono --- making your contribution even more important.

I have attached the 2010 Legal and Policy Review to give you a good picture of the types of cases we address.  Please think about making a contribution.  Every amount helps, as little as $100 or as much as $1,000 --- it all adds up.  If you would like to make a contribution please email me directly and I can tell you how to proceed.  Thank you for reading this whole email and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care,

Abed Ayoub, Esq.
Legal Director, ADC