RE: U.S. v. Wylde

Mr. Faraj:

No problem. I'll plan on being there tomorrow morning. I've attached my
comments on Dr. Carstairs' report where I think I've addressed your
questions/comments below.

I do have a few questions:

1) You said the defendant synthesized his own spice. Do you know that he
used JWH-018 or another synthetic cannabinoid? Do you know what herbs he
added to the mixture? Do you know the recipe he used?

2) I haven't had the opportunity to review the record of the May 4th visit.
Can you send me copies so I can see exactly what was described?

I have also attached a listing of current state legal motions for synthetic
cannabinoids that I downloaded from the Oregon Board of Pharmacy website and
the best review that I've found about them from the European Monitoring
Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction that was published last year.

Sincerely:
MJM

Michael J. Matteucci MD FAAEM
CDR, MC (FS/FMF), USN