Mt. Everest, Dispatch #6

Teammates,

I just returned to Everest Base Camp (BC) after the most challenging 8 days of my life.  I am unshaven, extremely dirty, feeling the initial effects of frostbite, starving and physically and mentally exhausted (See Photo “Return to Everest BC”)… but at 4:19 AM on Sunday May 23rd, after a 10 hour climb from Camp 3 (See Photo “Hike to Camp 3”), Kaji and I watched the sun rise over Tibet from the summit of Mt. Everest.  Words can not convey the beauty of that particular sunrise or the feeling of accomplishment and joy of having attained the summit with my teammate, Kaji.  I am thankful that I prepared properly and that we had (and made the most of) our opportunity for success.

Heck, I’m so hungry I’m willing to eat broiled Yak… or raw… (See Photo: “Kap eats Yak”)

Due to a camera malfunction on the summit (read “my $300 camera froze as soon as I pulled it from my down suit), I have to wait for Kaji to have his summit photos developed (read “Kaji’s circa 1980 camera that cost $12 worked well”) before sharing.  However, all photos and a recap of the final 8 days of climbing will be part of my corporate presentation on “Leadership and Overcoming Adversity” and will also be made available to all 2010- 2011 Program clients.

I can not tell you how much I appreciate all of your support throughout this journey and Bryant, The Program Staff and I look forward to seeing and working with all of you in the upcoming year.

Regards,

Eric

“You never know what is ‘enough,’ until you know what is more than enough” – William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

Eric Kapitulik, C.E.O. & Founder

The Program, LLC

www.theprogramathletics.com

100 Newport Ave Ext