From: David McLure <mclure@sevenwentworth.com.au>
Subject: RE: Wuterich
Date: January 23, 2012 6:07:40 PM PST
To: "Neal A. Puckett" <neal@puckettfaraj.com>

Neal,

I think he has chosen wisely.  Like hospitals, courtrooms are dangerous places and to be avoided wherever possible!

I’m sorry if I neglected to inform you that the case against my client was dismissed last year.  The Judge Advocate upheld our application that the charges were wrong in law on the basis that a soldier does not owe a legally enforceable duty of care while in combat.  A copy of the decision is attached for your information – for what’s it worth I think it is a very scholarly judgment and worth reading.

David

Regards

David McLure
Seven Wentworth
T 02 8224 3029 F 02 8023 9535 M 0402 892 766
34/126 Phillip Street, SYDNEY