Christmas may have come early...

Family & Friends,

Something wonderful was in my Outlook InBox, at work this morning...
It was a .PDF doc, which revealed two (2) favorable endorsements on my Request for removal of the 'Delay,' which had been placed upon promotion to Lieutenant Colonel back in July 2010.

Well, I've stored-up 77 days of Annual Leave; so, I decided to utilize some of that Leave, and relax a bit, last week...  I took off Monday through Friday (4 days).  While on Leave, unbeknownst to me, Major Workman (cc Line) was campaigning on my behalf.  His efforts and initiative resulted in the successful push of my 'Request' through the CO for I MHG, as well as, the Commanding General for I MEF.  In other words, my Request has been favorably endorsed through the appropriate levels of Command, here in California; and, I believe it has been received within the appropriate offices at Headquarters, Marine Corps (HQMC).

Now, at HQMC, I expect my request will be endorsed by:
	1) CMC(JAM)
	2) The Director of Manpower Management
	3) The Deputy Commandant for Manpower & Reserve Affairs
	4) The Director of Marine Corps Staff
	5) The Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps
	6) The Commandant of the Marine Corps
then, if it's favorably endorsed by the Commandant, it will be forwarded to the offices of the Secretary of the Navy for approval, partial approval, or denial.

That sounds like an extraordinarily long chain-of-custody; and, it likely is.  But, what's most important (...I think...) is that the Request has departed I MEF (California) with a favorable endorsement from Lieutenant General Waldhouser, USMC.

Please do not worry about replying back to me; I anticipate the season (Christmas) is keeping everyone very busy.  But, if you find yourself wanting to say something, though...  Please express thanks and convey your most sincere approbation for these gentlemen (and, one lady), noted in the 'cc' Line.
	Jim Franks (Major, USMC(Ret.))
	Major Amede Hanson, USMC
	Major Adam Workman, USMC (Military Defense Counsel)
	Haytham Faraj (Major, USMC(Ret.))(http://www.puckettfaraj.com/attorneys/haytham-faraj/)
	LtCol Don Wright, USMC
These are some of the folks, here in California, who really helped me get through the major hassles of these past two+ years.  Their efforts have been absolutely tremendous, selfless, compassionate, and thoroughly awesome!
	Of note, Major Workman and Haytham are the two attorneys who I just cannot thank enough times...  They put to rest the outrageous lunacy, which was visited upon me by a dangerously incompetent NCIS-type, and his enablers.  I think the most telling episode of their diligent, preparatory efforts followed the moment when, during the formal Article-32 Investigation (in late-May 2011), the Government(prosecution) had 'rested.'  Then, Haytham & Adam called zero witnesses and presented no case.  They had ensured the prosecution's case would be presented exactly, in accordance with its substantive value -- worthless, and the heinous allegation determined to be wholly unsubstantiated.
	Friends, thanks very much, Fellas...

This impetus behind this message was progress concerning the movement to set some things right, following the legal matters mentioned above...  I'll let you know whether the Request continues to progress, in the New Year.

Regards,
Major Ted Card, USMC
COPS / G3 / IMEF