Post-Trial Delay IG Report dtd 10 Dec 10

Gentlemen,

Attached is a report that was highlighted in the 10 Jan 11 Marine Corps Times on p. 16. Apparently, this is what the IG has been working on for the better part of 2 years.

It doesn't have direct applicability in my case, but is an interesting read, especially in light of the recognition by the IG that there are significant delays and systemic problems throughout the military justice system in the Navy/Marine Corps (including pre-trial aspects). I know that the SSgt Hawk Case is pending review by the SJA to CMC and is within the time limits discussed in the report, but it expressly details post-trial delay problems for those cases that must be reviewed by NAMARA. If everything goes horribly in my case, then this report will highlight many of the issues I may face.

Based on the situations at MCRD, it appears that a corollary to the systemic problems of a decentralized SJA organization (such as the Navy and Marine Corps') shows that there is a lack of oversight of cases even in the pre-trial disposition of cases at the highest levels--exactly what the allegations state.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton