Leadership and compromise

Dear Al,
 I wanted to email you a few days ago but I was in trial and you know how time consuming those things are. I was listening to NPR about 8 days ago during the heat of the default debate. Frankly I was frustrated with both sides but a little more with the Republicans and particularly Tea Party Republicans. I was frustrated with the President for not asserting executive authority and invoking the 14th Amendment. You may disagree with that but as you know all the law requires is a good faith belief. Then the day the compromise was announced I heard you come on NPR and answer to criticism from Tea Party people who did not agree with your compromise. I was proud of you. You and I have philosophical disagreements but we agree on something more fundamental and that is the duty to lead when one occupies a public office. I commend you for doing what you knew was right and for showing your fellow congressman that sometimes leaders do what's right not just what's popular.

I know you're very busy but I hope we get a chance to catch up in person soon.

Semper fi

Haytham Faraj
Sent from my iPad