[no subject]

I want this all to be over with, but I don't want to start mixing apples
with oranges. I'm still having a difficult time grasping the "No Punishment"
sentence by the Members with the ability of the CA to give me Non-Judicial
"Punishment" for the same action (separating out any alleged unlawful drug
use); how is that not an increase on the maximum sentence by the members?

In regard to the adderall:
SECNAVINST 5300.28D
7.b. Drug use by members of the Naval Service is inconsistent with the high
standards expected of all personnel. Members will be disciplined, as
appropriate, and processed for separation in accordance with references (i)
[Enlisted Separations] and (j) [Officer Separations].

According to Ref. (j), SECNAVINST 1920.6C:
44. Unlawful drug involvement. Includes
a. drug abuse - the illegal or wrongful use or possession of controlled
substances
b. drug trafficking - the illegal or wrongful distribution or possession
with intent to sell or transfer controlled substances.
c. drug paraphernalia - the illegal or wrongful possession or distribution
of drug paraphernalia as set forth in reference (f)

If mandatory processing for separation is only for "unlawful" drug use, then
there is nothing "mandatory" about this situation. Which, I know, is not how
the TCs are viewing things... but the burden of proof is still on them. I'm
not trying to play games, but I'm not going to lie down for them--I'm just
trying to protect myself.

At this point, I don't see any need for a post-trial PTA. Let the SJA put
forth his recommendation. We will put forth ours and the CA will take
action. If there is further process to take place, then so be it.

My eyes and ears remain open to listen to any other offers from the Gov't,
as well as any predictions or recommendations you may have.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them
surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton