RE: Problem

Thank you for your forthright opinion.  I didn't like it either even as a lay person.  I am working on getting him an NJP deal.  I hope I can convince the command to take it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Huff [mailto:landrewhuff@pol.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:39 PM
To: Haytham Faraj
Subject: Problem

Haytham,

We have a problem.  I carefully read over the 7 Apr 10 RCM 706 Board on Siddiqi.

You may recall that I skimmed it once and didn't find the story of hallucinations credible.

I have even more concerns on my thorough review.

1.  The story of psychosis:  ghosts, little people, holes in the floor, sensing the presence of a dead man -- does not match the stories of genuinely psychotic patients.

2.  His cognitive and psychological testing showed, with reasonable medical certainty, that he did not put forth his best effort and that he intentionally answered some questions wrong.  On others he likley exaggerated.

3.  He may indeed have a personality disorder, but that will not help you or CPL Siddiqi.

4.  The report appears to be very well written and I thought that section 21 stood out as a well-reasoned discussion of the case.

I don't know where we can go from here.  I'm in Orlando this week.

Andy