RE: 2nd extension request in the matter of Administrative separation PFC Colyer (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dear Capt Sullivan,

I am a civilian attorney and retired JAG officer.  I represent PV1 Shane Colyer.  In February PV1 Colyer was notified of an intent to administratively Separate.  Consequent to his notification and while I was trying to collect character statements to include in his package, I learned that several members of the A/2-28, were intimidated and threatened because they agreed to write favorably for PV1 Colyer.  I, then, contacted the division commander BGEN Salazar with my concerns.  He wrote back that an inquiry into the matter would be conducted.  I have been waiting for the results of the inquiry to be completed before I submit materials.  PV1 Colyer is guaranteed a right to due process even in an administrative hearing.  When his immediate commander and his First Sergeant, I am specifically referring to CPT Brunais and 1SG Jason Travis, threatened witnesses, he was denied his right to submit favorable matters for consideration by the separation authority.  Capt Brunais and 1SG Travis may, as you know, have also violated the UCMJ.  I respectfully request that you do not act on the administrative separation package in PV1 Colyer’s case until the inquiry into witness intimidation is complete.  I had intended to forward my concerns to the Army IG and Secretary of the Army but determined that I would give the Commanding General and the Brigade Commander the opportunity to look into the matter.  As a former military officer I did not like being surprised by learning of negative information about my unit from someone above me.  I, therefore, decided to extend that courtesy to the commanders concerned.  If you intend to forward the administrative separation package before the inquiry into witness intimidation is complete, I request notification and 24 hours to submit those matters that I currently have in my possession.

Vr,

Haytham Faraj, Esq.

PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC

WASHINGTON DC׀  SAN DIEGO ׀ DEARBORN

www.puckettfaraj.com

888.970.0005 Toll Free

202.280.1039 Fax

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.