RE: IG Investigation; allegations of officer misconduct; Lt Thrift

Ms. Isaacs:
Lt thrift's rights acknowledgment is attached.

Best,

From: Isaacs, Mona L CIV COMNECC Deputy IG [mailto:mona.isaacs@navy.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:17 PM
To: Haytham Faraj
Cc: Brownell, David CIV COMNECC IG; Anderson, Martin CDR EODTEU-1, CO
Subject: RE: IG Investigation; allegations of officer misconduct; Lt Thrift

 Mr. Faraj,

Thank you for letting me know.  I need LT Thrift properly sign and return
the form I sent him.  As he has elected his right to remain silent I have no
further inquiries.  If he needs assistance in making sure the Rights and
Warnings form I sent him is properly initialed he can call me and I will
review it with him.  I also need confirmation from him, either verbally,
which I will record, or a personal email, confirming he is electing to
retain his rights.

I appreciate your assistance.

Respectfully,
Mona Isaacs
NECC Deputy IG
Work: (757) 462-4316 ext 214
Cell:  (757) 613-9292
Fax: (757) 462-2544
mona.isaacs@navy.mil

"This signature line and my digital signature is the equivalent of a hard
copy signature, serving to authenticate that I have the authority to send
this e-mail and to indicate I have consciously decided that it should have
the same legal authority normally accorded to an actual hard copy
signature."

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY - PRIVACY SENSITIVE

Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal
penalties.

This electronic transmission may contain information intended only for the
person(s) named above.  If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify the sender at the telephone number or e-mail address listed.