The Law Firm's return

Marcy,

I’m completing the Law firm’s return and have one comment.

Health Insuarnce Premium paid for more than 2% shareholders.

-       the health insurance premium paid for more than 2% shareholders are not deductible on S-corp return.  To be deductible, the amount has to be reported on the Sharehoder’s W-2 and then, the shareholder can take the health insurance deduction on their personal return.    It’s income as well as deduction on shareholder’s personal return, so it’s zero out but it just has be to included in W-2.

-       There was about $1700 for shareholders’ health insurance in 2009.   Since it is too late to include in 2009 W-2, I made some journal entries for the tax return so that it is reported accordingly for S-Corp return as well as for K-1 for personal return.   So, you’re okay for 2009.

-       For 2010 – if you make any payments for health insurance, just to remember to call in ADP at year end for this amount.  No actual paycheck will be issued but the amount will be reported on each shareholder’s W-2.   ADP should know what they need to do.

I’m moving on to your personal return and may have some questions.

Helen

HaeEun (Helen) Lee, CPA
Renner and Company, CPA, P.C.
700 North Fairfax Street, #400
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Office : 703-535-1200
Fax: 703-535-1205

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Renner and Company CPA, PC at 703-535-1200 or return e-mail to sender, and purge the communication (e-mail) immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.

Disclosure required by Internal Revenue Service Circular 230:
In accordance with Circular 230 Treasury Department Regulations we are required to advise you that any tax advice in this e-mail may not be relied upon to avoid penalties under the IRC. If you are interested in a written opinion that can be relied upon to prevent the imposition of tax related to penalties please feel free to contact us.