An Invitation

Gentlemen:  Perhaps you have heard that we're conducting an "All Hands" Marine Defense Counsel Conference at Miramar.  We're bringing in Marine DCs and most of our enlisted Marines, from throughout the Marine Corps, not just the Region.  There's immeasurable value in bringing our community together -- to ensure everyone receives a consistent level of training and to strengthen our network.  I'm hoping it'll be an annual event.

On Thursday evening, 18 March, we'll wrap up the conference with a Defense-Only Mess Night.  We're inviting the "civilian" defense bar too.  I want each Marine DC to feel part of a larger team -- to celebrate, to bond and to rededicate ourselves to the important work that we do.

We've asked Col Siegel to be our Guest of Honor -- in light of her career as DC/RDC/CDC, and her continued role as counsel, teacher, and mentor.  She has accepted.

You might have already received an invitation -- we're spreading the word by Email.  Your names are on my Rolodex so I'm sending you the attachment in case you didn't get it.  I realize you might not be able to attend because it's on the West Coast but we're inviting you just in case you can attend.

R/Rose Marie Favors
Col USMC