    Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 04:12:32 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Roger Hill <hillrogert@yahoo.com>
 Subject: Re: Attorney & Client Communications - CPT Hill
      To: neal@puckettfaraj.com

Mr. Puckett, I know you are busy and don't expect a response. Here's an update of sorts I sent to LTC Masten. Don't know if it really does much, but it'll let you know what is going on in my life right now at the very least. Hope the case is going well.

Respectfully,
Roger

Ma'am,

Couple of things, none of which are probably all that important. Maybe you can help me with some advice, especially regarding the property thing and SGT Chasi's situation below.

1. My property is being signed over to various people as we speak. Neither myself, my XO or 1SG are there to over see the transfer. This worries me for obvious reasons and this is exactly the type of situation that leads to property accountability problems and to people having to pay for missing property (ie - me). My property has not been properly inventoried for two inventory periods and now half of it is being moved to Salerno, a quarter staying at Airborne and a quarter going to the battalion's HHC commander. My XO should be there to oversee all this if I can't, but they won't even let that happen. Any suggestions on how to protect myself. I've started a memorandum for record as has my XO, but this could end up screwing me.

2. I asked to work here in the operations shop of TF Currahee and the lawyer here somehow got involved and said that there are probably some restrictions regarding classification that will prevent me from doing anything there. They are supposed to get back to me in a couple of days. In the process of asking about this job, the brigade S3 told me that MAJ Mullins believed that this "thing", referring to the case should start rolling in the next week or so for whatever that is worth.

3. I have a sworn statement here and hopefully some pictures from our PMT on the way regarding a detainee abuse and murder incident that occurred over at our NDS compound in Mayden Shar. This is the same NDS chief and compound that our detainees were released to and the LEP went over to in order to interview the detainees after we released them from Airborne. I bring this up b/c I know that CID is pushing hard to say that the detainees left Airborne after having been abused and that there physical signs of abuse. This sworn statement and the others I am in the process of securing will show that this particular NDS detachment has a prior history of detainee abuse and even detainee execution. The detainees in that incident happen to be local police from a near by district just to reiterate the level of corruption we dealt with here.

4. CPT Bedestani (Wardak special forces team leader) and his team will be up at BAF soon to provide any statements you think might be useful. They redeploy very soon. Would it be helpful to have the police mentorship team which was headed by a LTC and now a MAJ come by for the same before they redeploy? They can all speak on how spread thin we were and complexities of the security situation we dealth with, especially conerning how broken the detainment and retainment of AAF is within the ISAF system.

5. I've been sleeping a lot better these days. The medication I've recieved has been working well. I still have a lot of dreams though. I was dreaming about all this stuff last night and remembered a couple of things that are worth noting, not major; but does add to the narrative I wrote. I'll hit you up over the phone with it later.

6. Also, when I called back to Airborne to check the status of my property, I spoke to my supply NCO SGT Darwin Chasicardenas (Chasi). He gave me an update on my property, which is why I'm worried right now; but he volunteered some information I thought might interest you. When he was being questioned by CID (and I believe he was taken to BAF for this) he was basically threatened with his citizenship status by the CID. I'm sure some intimidation of this sort is legit, but the way they went about was to basically give him an ultimatum of cooperate or we will dig up something in your history prior to your citizenship that will have your citizenship revoked. He was naturalized as a Soldier while in combat. SGT Chasi has been deployed two other times before this OEF rotation. He has been shot at, blown up, etc. I just think it is wrong for these CID types who haven't done anything out of the wire to come at him like this. It has to be against some type of guideline. SGT Chasi said that he was seriously thinking about going to EO about this. I've also heard that a few of the NCOs in the company are thinking of launching congressionals b/c of how the men are being treated. I would tell them to cool it, but I can't communicate with anyone except in instances like this regarding property. What do you think I should do? What should SGT Chasi do, I am able to talk to him.

7. I know of 7 total people that have had adverse action flags put on their records at this time. I know this only by happen chance b/c I am working with my XO to finish up some awards for my guys before this thing gets too far down the road. Several awards were denied at this time. These individuals are: SGT Doyle, SPC Moser, SPC Siler, PFC Frey, SSG Davis, SFC Moriarity, SPC Peake, SSG Rideaux, 1SG Scott and myself. None of the guys listed except for SPC Moser and myself did anything, at least that I am sure of. I know SPC Moser struck a guy in the face for biting his arm or hand. I believe I saw Peake trip a guy to the floor, but I'm not even sure if it was him or not. I know of at least one NCO from A Co that was sent to BAF and I believe that he will give testimony for a lesser punishment. I believe this is SSG Picca. I think most if not all the guys from D Co have requested lawyers.

Respectfully,
CPT Roger Hill