Re: 32 Delay Request

Perfect. Please submit. You might add in the email that I have traveled to OIF 3 times and am fully familiar with and prepared for the rigors of traveling to a war zone to conduct Art 32s and trials. I simply cannot make it before Dec. Don't know this guy but you can let the prosecutor know that I would press for a reopening of the 32 if I am denied an opportunity to participate. As you indicate in your letter, this is not for the sake of delay. I will also make them famous in the national news media if they don't let me attend. The Army delayed LTC West's 32 so I could get to Tikrit. The press conference will happen immediately and the whole world will know about this case, perhaps next week in DC.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting "Masten, Heather A LTC USA TF WARRIOR" <heather.masten@afghan.swa.army.mil>:

Neal,

I can submit this--or you can.  My only concern in becoming too involved
is that they have proceeded with the Art 32 hearing without civilian
counsel in one other case... I don't think it's a good idea, but that
hasn't stopped them.

 <<32 Delay Request.doc>>

HEATHER A. MASTEN
LTC, JA
Senior Defense Counsel
U.S. Army Trial Defense Service
Afghanistan Field Office
Bagram AB, Afghanistan
DSN: 318-431-4323
heather.masten@afghan.swa.army.mil

Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and/or legally privileged and intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and
delete this email from your system.  If you are not the named addressee,
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.  Please contact me via email or by
calling DSN 318-431-4323 if you have received this email in error.