RE: RCM 706 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dr. Yeaw,
Please find the signed release attached.
Thank you,
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting "Yeaw, Jennifer S Dr CTR USA MEDCOM WRAMC" <JENNIFER.SCHRADER.YEAW@US.ARMY.MIL>:

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Mr. Puckett,

Of course, we would like to interview Mr. and Mrs. Sezginalp.  I'm sure that
their information will be very relevant to the inquiry, and I appreciate
their willingness to help.  The board order allows us to receive information
from appropriate third parties.  We do not need an additional release to
communicate with Mr. Sezginalp for that purpose.

However, though the order permits us to RECEIVE information from Mr.
Sezginalp, a release is needed before the board can disclose information TO
Mr. Sezginalp.  This release would govern what the board can and cannot
disclose TO Mr. Sezginalp.

Under normal circumstances, we would not disclose information regarding a
706 inquiry except as indicated in the board order.  In this case, the order
prohibits release of any matter considered by the board to any person not
authorized to receive the full report without a court order (see section 6).

I raised the concern because our email communications may contain
information otherwise privileged under MRE 302, and if Mr. Sezginalp
receives them, they may become admissible.  Further, such disclosure appears
prohibited by the board order.  Therefore, I think it would be prudent for
any release of information authorizing disclosure BY board members TO Mr.
Sezginalp or any other third party be very limited.

I differ to your judgment in this matter, though I do request that the
release be specific.  I've attached a blank release form to this email.
Section 8 "INFORMATION TO BE RELEASED" should contain whatever limits to
disclosure that you and your client deem appropriate.  The signed release
can be returned by fax or email.  Please feel free to contact me if there
are any questions.

v/r,

Jennifer S. Yeaw, Psy.D.
Forensic Psychologist