Afternoon Buzz--Your afternoon update: Former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. pleads guilty to felonies

Title: Afternoon Buzz - The Washington Post
If you have difficulty viewing this newsletter, click here to view as a Web page.
Click here to view in plain text.
The Washington PostFriday, January 06, 2012
newsletter header

Todayâs News Update

Former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. pleads guilty to felonies

Former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. pleaded guilty to two federal crimes, admitting that he embezzled more than $350,000 in government funds and that he filed false tax returns.

35 years for Fairfax County woman in granddaughterâs killing

Carmela dela Rosa, 50, was found guilty in the killing of Angelyn Ogdoc.

$125 million Powerball winners finally step forward

âI checked my tickets on Christmas day,â said the winner. âWhen I saw the numbers, I started stomping on the floor and shouted to my wife to come upstairs.â

The weekend and beyond in traffic and transit

Metro resumes its weekend track work and several road projects will be very active on Saturday and Sunday.

Drop âem: No-pants Metro ride coming Sunday

For those of you participating in the annual party that is the localized version of the Global No Pants Subway Ride, youâll be happy to know that the weather will be about 50 degrees Sunday.

More PostLocal

See page B2 of your morning Metro section to read more.

Get the Going Out Guide App for iPhone.

Get The Washington Post, your way.
Want to stay on top of the latest news, features, commentary and more? Here's how:
Mobile: Alerts: Social Media:
Applications
WebÂsite
E-mail
SMS
RSS Feeds
Facebook
Twitter
SEND TO A FRIEND UNSUBSCRIBE E-NEWSLETTER CENTER GET HELP
Washington Post Digital
E-mail Customer Care
1150 15th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20071