RE: SSgt Wuterich's GCM

Gents:

Please pass along my regards also. My prayers are always with our young Warriors, who become victims of Politically Correct NON-Combatants
who will do anything to get themselves in the History of JAG, by making the wrong kind of History for the US Marine Corps and the US Military in General.

Maj. Kaza and others who are in this address who are present / former JAG officers. I'm NOT referring to you folks! Having retired as a 5803, I'm NOT saying every Marine is squeaky clean. However, I just find it despicable that   either the leaders who forward this kind of  BS up the Chain recommending prosecution, have either NEVER operated at the Rifle  Platoon , Squad level in any  hands on in your face Combat, or they are afraid to remember what it's really like face sudden death every day.

Perhaps we have too many TICKET PUNCHERS running this WAR. And / or perhaps there are too many Managers and NO more leaders , who sincerely understand  the REAL meaning of  Semper Fi  which goes down the Chain as well as UP! I'm sure all of you  know from hands on experience.
"We either Fight to WIN or we DON'T WIN". Sometime I get the feeling present day leaders find more self serving comfort in telling a family their Son / Daughter , Mother / Father ,Sister / Brother was KIA then , stand up against our enemies leaders. If I live to be 100+++ I'll never understand how some Army General officer could in good conscience EXPEL our first SOCOM Marines from Afghanistan, for as he said OVER KILLING while fighting their way out of an Ambush, then accusing them of NOT being more selective of their Targets while in a fierce fire fight shooting from moving vehicles!
An AK 7.62x39 travels about 240o+ FPS, RPG's travel at 950 FPS. being hit by either round,  is a bit more permanent then PAINT BALL SIR!

That leader said, they should have been more selective, of who they were AIMING at when the Terrorist were hidden between the civilians. Any one who thinks like that should be the ones charged with Dereliction of duty! ( Enough) I apologies folks I just get sick to my stomach when I realize the lack of support our Marines and Soldiers get. (My opinion).

Very Respectfully Submitted,
 God Bless all of you for your dedication to our Marines. God Bless the Marine Corps, and all our Marines.
Semper Fi
Ed "machete Eddie" McCourt (Mustang)
Capt. of US Marine Corps Infantry (ret)
1952 -1972 0311 / 0369 / 0302 /  8654 / 5803

PS: There is NO WAY as hard and intense as our training is that we can teach every Marine to control his / her emotions, anyone who ever operated at the rifle Platoon level will attest to that FACT!