Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: War Is Hell

 To: <usmc81@gmail.com>

 Subject: FW: War Is Hell

 Subject: War Is Hell

Last week's video of Marines urinating on Taliban corpses went viral on the Internet. Among the responses was Lt. Col. Allen West's 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'.

I agree the actions of those Marines do not represent the values we learn in the Corps, however, unless you've been shot at by the Taliban, Shut Your Mouth!

Here's an insightful perspective from a Combat Marine and Purple Heart recipient...

"When you have witnessed your brothers-in-arms being killed, when you have had your very own brush with death, when you have endured deployment after deployment… In that single moment, when the dust has settled and you are the one left standing. Your emotions may or may not get the best of you. While certain actions may not be condoned and will certainly be frowned upon by many, they can be understood. In war, our emotions can be like the venom of a baby rattlesnake… they can be released uncontrollably but at some point we will be responsible for our actions. This may be done publicly or internally. We have all done something in our lives that we can now look back and say “what was I thinking?” War can bring out the worst in ANYONE. It has brought out the worst in me. Engage, reload and move on to the next target."

 ~

 You may view this post at
 http://www.usmc81.com/2012/01/war-is-hell/