Fw: Let The Bodies Hit The Floor... & Then Piss On Them

Forwarded.
----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Pangalos
To: Chris Pangalos
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:41 AM
Subject: Let The Bodies Hit The Floor... & Then Piss On Them

Warning: Not for delicate ears. Some VERY "salty" adult-only language, the author is an extremely passionate Marine Grunt. As for me, another Marine Grunt, I agree 100% with the author except for one thing . . . I wouldn't have pissed on them only if they were on fire-I would've rather watched them slowly burn to death!

                Let The Bodies Hit The Floor... & Then Piss On Them

                     boston.com

So the whole world is a buzz with the news and footage that depicts four Marine Corps Snipers urinating on Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. Everybody is "shocked" & "disgusted" that these Marines could do something so abhorring and deplorable. Now heads are going to roll from the top down and these four Marines will more than likely be charged and their careers ruined.

You see its incidents like this where the morality and self-righteousness of the American public comes out and interjects itself into the Military, right or wrong. But here's my response to America and the rest of the world; why are you all surprised?

                     www.sodahead.com

From the beginning we Marines are all told that no matter what your MOS, you are all Marine Corps Rifleman. That means even if you you're "a pogue," when the shit hits the fan you're going to find yourself sighting in down behind your rifle on the enemy.

Your training does not teach you to fire warning shots. Your training does not teach you to aim for the knee caps to incapacitate an enemy. Your training teaches you to aim center mass and squeeze the trigger and put that fuckin' enemy down. for good. That is what we are trained to do, to kill without regard for that "human" life we just wasted.

Now let's take that training further, let's talk about the Infantry Man, AKA the Grunt. His training takes him far beyond that of an everyday pogue.

The Grunt is immersed in a culture of death, destruction and decay. He is a highly skilled instrument of war, praying for war so that he can demonstrate to everybody and himself, how much of a warrior and badass he really is. Because of this training, we Grunts are on an island even in the world of the Marine Corps where everybody is a "Rifleman" first.

We have a humor and demeanor all our own that even our fellow Marines don't understand, nor do they want to. An "enemy's" life is worthless to us. That same enemy is trying to kill us, hell they may have even already killed some of us.

That same enemy is setting up roadside IED's to kill and maim American's or our allies. Those roadside IED's also kill and maim the civilian population in the same areas, which if around when they go off, those same American's help the indigenous population after the blast.

This is the same enemy who beheads civilians and Military personnel on recorded video and then display's it to the world.

The same enemy, who kills Military Contractors in Iraq & then burns the bodies, drags the bodies through the streets & then hangs the bodies from a bridge for the whole world to see.

This is the same enemy that hides within its own civilian population using them as shields to be discarded when they are done with them. Is that enough with the examples or do you all get my point about our enemies. So this is what the Grunt thinks of every time he steps out on a patrol or escorts a convoy, etc.

The Grunt knows that if and when he gets into a firefight, the enemy will not show him or his buddy next to him any quarter. He knows that given the chance the enemy will mutilate his body and put him on display for the whole world to see to advance their own agenda.

Therefore, the Grunt kills without remorse.. and then make jokes about it.

Right or wrong, these things have been going on since the dawn of warfare. It just that until the Vietnam War, reporters were not embedded into war zones and given free access to report what they see.

War fighting is not for the common everyday person to understand. And honestly, the common everyday person has no desire or taste for it. Instead, they just choose to talk about write or wrong and what "they would of wouldn't do if they were in the situation". Fact of the matter is they would NEVER put themselves in that situation.

This includes not only the everyday civilian but also our very own politicians and higher ranking Military officials. I have already been reading and watching the fallout that this has caused in the Pentagon and on Capitol Hill. Everybody is coming out of the woodwork to get their face time on the national and world nightly news. Mind you these are some of the same people who cheat on their spouses, take money from lobbyist and sell out their constituents, break the law and then use their political power to get off, who "work" only 52.6% of the time in a 260 day work year, the people who can't pass a budget and even the very same people who cut funding to the VA, Military programs to support veterans & the Military as a whole.

The same people who spend their days arguing over a budget to provide needed equipment like body armor and armor plating for our vehicles while our Military is out in some far away desert dying because they didn't have the equipment when they went to war in the first place! I apologize; I digress to topics for another day and another rant...

Here's where I'm going with all of this; we are trained for war. To put it bluntly, we are trained killers of men. We are something special. Should we be held to higher standards then our enemies. perhaps. But these things happen when you put a 19-23 year old in a combat environment with death all around them.

They see it every time they leave the wire and sometimes even inside the supposed safe are of the wire. So death becomes no longer taboo but just another day in country with people trying to kill you and your friends. And those people trying to kill you. Fuck 'em! They're not even human beings. They're animals to be put down with extreme prejudice. Why? Because our Country and Commanders told us to do so.

And more importantly. because if we don't. they will kill us or the guy next to us and that ain't gonna happen.

Perhaps Major Powers in the great movie "Heartbreak Ridge" was right when he told Gunny Highway (played by Clint Eastwood); "You should be sealed in a case that reads break glass only in the event of war."

Guess what... this is a war. A war that America and her allies obviously no longer have a taste for. How quickly America and her people forget about past transgressions against us.

Well here's the reality to sum all of this; the Grunt does not forget. He does not forget about 9/11. He does not forget about beheadings by Al-Qaeda or the Taliban.

He does not forget about the civilian contractors burned and hung in Iraq. He does not forget about the IED that took his friend's life.

He does not forget about the firefight or sniper round that took his friends life. Hell, even I haven't forgotten about the Somalis that desecrated the Army soldiers in Mogadishu.

               And for that I say, fuck 'em all & piss on their corpses.

To close this little rant I will say this; the ONLY thing those four Marines did wrong was film themselves while pissing on the corpses. Situational awareness, gentlemen.

                Semper Fi -

*These opinions are mine & mine alone. Though I'm sure a great number of readers will agree with me on this subject. If you don't agree, I don't care.*